My February micro-resolution was to be more consistent with things that are good for me, and I have to say, I think I did pretty well!
How I did per goal:
- Working out. Pretty kickass! I’ve been working out in our apartment gym at least 3-4 times a week, and have gone to a couple of yoga classes at studios I’d like to visit again. There are also a good amount of donation-based classes around San Antonio, especially with Mobile Om. Rueben and I have also been walking either to or from our co-working space, which is a little over a mile each way.
- Waking up early. Not too bad. Some days it’s way harder, especially days when I’m not working out first thing in the morning.
- Brushing my teeth at night. I would say I’m at a good 90%!
- Eating healthier. This is the one goal that I did not do well in. I’m going to try harder, but with all these new restaurants I’m going to, my discipline has been out the door! I’ll get better…
- Having better posture. I’ve definitely paid way more attention to this recently. Also, Rueben got me a NexStand so I can use my laptop while standing, which definitely helps!
- Cleaning our apartment. I think I’m doing pretty ok haha I was going to say good, but then I thought about the small pile of dishes on the counter that seems too small to put in the dishwasher, and too big for me to want to hand wash. I have been keeping up with sweeping (even though I accidentally ordered the shortest broom ever) and keeping the countertops clean!
I love the walk to and from our place to our co-working spot
We’ve lived in San Antonio about six weeks now, and I feel like I’ve barely seen the city. Granted, I was in Austin for two of those weeks, but the only stuff I’ve really seen in town is new-to-me restaurants.
So, for March my micro-resolution is to get out and see new things. I started the month by surprising Rueben and booking an axe throwing class for date night. It was a lot of fun! Definitely harder than it looks, and out of about 15 throws I only got the axe in the wood once. Rueben did well and even got a bullseye!
I have a small list of places to go and things to do:
- Botanical Gardens
- Japanese Tea Gardens
- San Antonio Zoo
- Hiking/walking trails
- comedy clubs
- shoot skeet! random, but I’ve always wanted to try it.
What other must-see things should I do in San Antonio? Let me know in the comments!